The main objective will be accomplished through a series of network activities involving experts working on related problems through-out Europe. Specifically, the delivery of the following secondary objectives will ensure FloodFreq is successful in achieving the primary objective:
- Make available access to high-quality pan-European standard datasets and test-beds (detailed datasets including rainfall and runoff).
- Produce a review of state-of-the-art methods for flood frequency estimation (considering both European and non-European methods).
- Develop a scientific framework for assessing and comparing the performance of different methods (including considerations of prediction uncertainty).
- Provide European-wide assessment of methods using the datasets compiled .
- Provide a scientific framework for assessing the influence of environmental change on the future flood frequency characteristics.
- Provide guidelines on flood frequency estimation for European professionals involved in flood risk management.